SOWETO HOME FOR THE AGED
Without the past, the future would not exist.
Residents are classified into three Categories (Groups):
Group 1: Those who are relatively healthy and independent
Group 2: The semi-dependent (e.g. Blind, Amputees, Semi-paralysed, etc.)
Group 3: Persons with Dementia and Alzheimer’s.
To expand the program of caring for elderly persons and to upgrade the living standard of the elders.
- To develop a world class accommodation for the elders.
- To introduce programs, such as physio and mental therapy, counseling and the activities that has got to do with the well-being of the elders.
- To introduce recreation, such as handcraft chess, draft, entertainment and more.
- To establish branches within the duristriction of the areas of Johannesburg.
- To promote the welfare needs of the old people living in these areas, spiritually, socially, culturally, educationally and physically.
- To build old age home/homes in these areas that shall accommodate the aged people, service centers and approved dwelling schemes.
- To create facilities that shall be used for the promotion of the ideals set out in bullet 1.
- To liase and co-operate with other organizations of similar interests with those of the organization.
- To do all things as may be conducive to the attainment of the objectives.